On the way out of my neighborhood a few weeks ago I spotted some windows in a trash pile. Six old windows that needed a new home…
I was fortunate and only had to trim one of the windows with a table saw. They just happened to fit two window widths to one window height, lucky me!
I like to use two drills when I work with projects like this. One to pre-drill the holes, the other to drive the screws.
I cut some cdx plywood to fit the bottom. It’s not as smooth as a more expensive plywood, but I really wanted the rough look of the cdx.
Again, luck was on my side for this project. I was able to pick up some oopsy paint for just a few bucks in a perfect soft grey. This project is great for sloppy painters like myself… it adds to the charm of the old windows.
I added some stacked wheels…
and a pretty blonde model.
I need more windows. I need to make more of these!